Monday, April 11, 2011

April 11, 2010

This was a Sunday, and most Sundays Ted and I would drive to Oakville to go to open houses. It was getting easier for me to do, because the nausea wasn't as bad. It was still the worst in the car though, so the drives weren't great.

It was during these drives to Oakville on the weekend, and when running errands, that we would often hear the song Wavin' Flag by K'Naan on the radio. I loved that song, but it made me cry everytime I heard it.  As soon as I heard the first notes, I knew that I would start crying soon and Ted would laugh because he knew that I would. There is one stretch of highway that I associate with this song in particular. I don't know why that part stands out more than others. Now when I hear the song, I get emotional because it takes me back to when I was so happy.

After Ted and I went to several open houses that day, we stopped by Laurie's house for awhile.

I loved the black pants in these pictures because the waistband was stretchy. I wasn't big enough for maternity pants yet, but all of my regular pants were uncomfortable and I was using elastics to keep them up. Most probably can't really see my bump in these pictures, but I can. It was an unseasonably warm day that day.

Me, my Mom, Ben and Ted

Me, one of Ben's friends, and Ben

I was 13.5 weeks pregnant in these pictures and thought I was pretty safe.

I'm not sure what day it was, but we went to one house and the real estate agent said that the sellers wanted to take the washing machine because they were expecting. I wondered why we would buy that townhouse if the current owners were moving because they had a baby coming. I think I told her that I was expecting too.

4 comments:

Searching for Serenity said...

I can see your bump in these pictures. I can spot them a mile away these days.

Isn't it interesting how some memories are so vivid while others slowly slip away?

Lj82 said...

:( you should have been safe. I hate that you weren't.

Missy said...

I like how you are remembering each and every day. It will add to Jacob's legacy and it's so beautiful that you remember these things. Sending love~

Allison said...

I love seeing the pictures of you carrying Jacob. You are a beautiful beautiful mommy!